2009 passed with a blink of an eye.
Yesterday, we welcomed 2010 with wide open arms. It marks another mile of decade since the new millennium started at Y2K.
2009 has seen me walking an arduous path with several gratifying moments. I am absolutely not proud with my achievements when I looked back at the resolutions I made 365 days ago. I for one, an ambitious perfectionist, am obsessed with higher expectations.
Failures of 2009’s resolution:-
1. I failed to read a book a quarter. Ended up reading 75% of Harry Potter 6 and 65% of the Russian Concubine. Should I start reading more in 2010? Hmmm..
2. I failed to blog 12 times a month. What have I done? 78 entries in a year, which comes to an average of 6.5 a month.
3. I failed to be more adventurous. The only waterfall I visited were Chamang Waterfalls on my birthday.
1. I did travel to a colder climate country. Well, even though it was only for a few nights in Melbourne, but it was worth the experience.
2. I somehow learned a few things on photography. Thanks to Uncle Bear’s DSLR and my infamous Canon Ixus 860IS which has served me nobly for 2 years.
3. And yes, I somewhat did increase my income. I have embarked on a new journey with Boston Scientific since 1 December. I am now looking forward with this challenging yet rewarding career.
Well, it is Year 2010. What about it? What am I going to do with this brand new year?
1. I shall empower myself with moderation. Moderation is the key of balance in life. I need to balance my diet which means less junk (such as sinful indulging of ice-creams). I need to incorporate exercise as a part of my lifestyle. I am definitely entering into a phase where skin-aging has started. I shall not watch dramas insanely (read: no more 10 episodes at one go). Thus, I will need to take good care of my health.
2. I shall empower myself in God’s favour. It reminds me of the song from Carrie Underwood – Jesus Take The Wheel. It is undoubtedly that I could not have achieved what I achieved today without His absolute and divine strength. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”, as Philippian 4:13 says. In anything that I do, I just have to let God take charge. Be it my career, future partner, finance or family affairs. I surrender all to Him.
3. I shall empower myself in my career. New year, new career. What else do I need to do now? I have a gazillion things to learn up about the electrophysiology of the heart and the cardiac rhythm management. I will gather all my strength and sources to master this rare skill, and take pride in my job. More confidence means more sales, and hence, more $$$!
4. I shall empower myself with at least 1 beach holiday. I definitely need a break from the hustle-bustle of the metropolis. Air Asia, I rely on you for the best deals now. Tell me, where should I go? Bali? Phuket? Koh Lipeh? And where are my travel partners? Ah Lang? Pn Zaleha? Jimmy? Popiah? Ah Jon? Ah Loong? Moo-moo? Ah Beng? Et cetera…
5. I shall empower myself with more joy. Yes to laughter; no to tears. I shall laugh more than weep. I shall smile more than frown.
I humbly come before the Almighty God, to assist me in achieving my 2010 resolutions. I shall have faith in myself and be assured to accomplish them like winning a race.
Lastly, may 2010 be an empowering year for you and me!
God Bless xoxo