A lot of people mentioned that I have a super round belly. My mom said it looked like a basketball stuck on me. My churchmate said the same thing too.
Last weekend, a sales girl at the maternity shop thought I was putting on their fake bump-pad so that I could try on the maternity dress. I was like NooOOooO, this bump is real!!
This really cracked me up!
Anyway, being at Week 36 means I have to be ever ready as AnnaKate can come anytime now. Mike and I have packed the hospital bag. It is always better to be prepared than to rush in times of emergency.
Now, you must be wondering what has been packed into the bag in times like this. You will definitely need:
2. Bathing Suit (to get into the bath tub during active labor)
3. Wash Cloths (I can’t shower directly after childbirth due to confinement observation)
4. 3 pairs of socks
5. 3 nursing bras
6. Birthing Skirt
7. Scarf (for pushing purposes)
9. Going Home Outfit
10. Paint Roller (for Mike to massage my back with it during active labor)
12. Granny Underwears or Disposable Underwears (you will be leaking after childbirth)
13. Sanitary Pads
14. Going Home Outfit for Baby
15. Receiving Blanket for Baby
16. Newborn diaper for Baby
17. Mittens and socks for Baby
18. Partner’s changing clothes
19. Power Strip (for charging many electronics in the hospital)
Things to be added on later since we are still using those items:
2. Birth Ball or Fitness Ball (For relaxation during labor)
3. iPad (for relaxing music)
4. iPhone chargers
6. Flip flops
Hmmm, Did I miss out anything? Well, I guess we are quite ready for Annakate now. =)