Dear God, You have taken me to the winding roads and deepest trenches of 2016. I would not say 2016 was my favorite year. The ungrateful part of me would complain about the heartbreaks of my son’s health problems. I should be thankful. I know. I really know. My shoulders are tired of carrying the emotional baggage and I am ready to let them go in 2017. Instead of being a petulant child, Lord, help me to be thankful and allow me to highlight all the good things of 2016.
So yes, instead of wallowing in discouraging moments of counting how many sleepless nights we had or how many poopy diapers we have changed in the past year, I would like to reflect on God’s faithfulness and my favorite highlights of 2016.
1. We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in January. Instead of our annual anniversary getaway, we decided to gift ourselves a makeover at the home office which is still not completed at this very minute.
2. I experienced my first blizzard in USA and I was thankful to have my family with me on a 4-day snowcation.
3. We celebrated my birthday in the month of March and my husband gifted me a mini getaway to Luray Caverns.
4. We had our annual summer family vacation at the Chincoteague Island. It brought back a lot of sweet memories to my husband who had visited this place when he was a little boy and he was more than delighted to be able to take his family there again.
5. We went on our first camping trip together as a family at the Northern neck of Virginia on the July Fourth weekend. I was more than delighted to be away from the city to embrace the scenic view of the river with my family and friends.
6. My beautiful daughter turned four and she is still surprising me in many ways each day.
7. My sweet little Asher turned one and he started walking at 13 months old. He is the definition of joy.
8. My husband celebrated his big 4-0 and we threw him a mini party with Asher’s first birthday.
9. I am officially a mompreneur. Well, a mini one because it’s a seasonal thing. And I am proud to say I own Grace T Photography.
10. And lastly, I just enjoy the year-end holidays so much so that I wish it never ends. From Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Year Eve, it is always, always, fun-packed and memorable. Oh December, you bring me so much joy!
So there it is. My year (or should I say my family’s year) in review.
It has been a great year. Not my favorite, but it’s good.
Cheers to a better 2017.