November is my favorite month of the year.
I do love Christmas and December, but I love November a little bitty more.
Apart from the pumpkin spice (and everything nice), I adore November for all the smells of cinnamons, apples, and yes, the golden colors of those leaves. The golden reddish foliage lifts up my spirits each fall when it is at its peak in the beginning of November.
Also, I love the theme of thankfulness wrapping around this month. It reminds me day and night how thankful I should be in the midst of grouchiness, frustration, and the daily mundane.
This year, I did the tree of thankfulness with my family again so that we can dwell on the attitude of gratitude. The tree was all about us posting on the things we were thankful about each day. It was really neat to see how my kindergartener-daughter expressed her thankfulness by drawing on the leaf since she did not know how to write much.
On the other hand, I did a thankful post daily in the month of November on my personal account of Instagram for the second year in a row.
I enjoyed doing so because I wanted to remind myself how much I can be thankful and I would like to master the habit of contentment instead of desiring (or ‘coveting’) what others have.
Before further ado, let me reveal to you some of my favorites of what I have been thankful for this month.
- We got to celebrate our hubby’s birthday at the zoo.
- I was extremely thankful for my mama-besties (whom I met randomly at the shopping malls years ago) and I loved how we are encouraging and supporting one another in this journey of mamahood.
- It has been three years since my hubby got me my first ever DSLR camera and ever since, I had been the crazy documenter of the family.
- We did our first
campingglamping trip of the year at Chippokes Plantation Park with some awesome friends.
- In-home date night was definitely essential after a busy week and we were thankful to be able to eat peacefully after putting the kids to bed.
- I was just being thankful about my children. They bring me so much joy at times… most of the time. I am glad I got to stay home with the kids to be their tutor, janitor, chef, clown, and whatever occupation name you can describe me as.
- I was thankful for a friend inviting us over to her farm because my daughter got to love on some baby goats and play with her friends. My daughter loves, loves, loves on animals.
- I was and I am still very thankful for my ladies bible study group that we meet weekly for some encouragement and digging deeper into the Word together for the last few years.
- I was definitely thankful for the freedom of homeschooling. Who would have thought we could do car-schooling too? Right?
- My children and I were very thankful for their baby buddies – well, the kids have been buddies since birth and we loved having them over for playdates or sleepovers. We had a little Friendsgiving party for these lovely kids and we just love seeing them growing up together.
- And the very last one was Thanksgiving. I enjoyed Thanksgiving so much because of family coming together in unity and in love. We got to see a lot of family and spend quality time together besides the food comatose. We even drove up to Philly to visit our dearest friends to have a little Friendsgiving together.
Like I said from the very beginning, no other month will beat this – I just love November so much that I did not want December to come so quickly.
But for now, I will just be thankful that I have experienced a wonderful month of thankfulness.
Disclaimer: This post was written on November 30, 2017 but pictures and post updated on December 31, 2017.